QIS Yr6 (Quick Impact Strategies)
How maths teaching and assessment will change under the new curriculum. Be confident to use the right strategies to prepare your students for the new challenges.
|Delivery: In House (John Perryn Primary School)||Date: 19th January 2017|
Phases suitable for:
Price: £175 * * Discount available as part of a CPD package. Click here for more details.
Are we adopting different strategies and approaches to prepare our students for the new KS2 tests?
The previously named ‘QIS’ (Quick Impact Strategies), course run by Ray was very well received and many schools reported increased SATs scores as result of attending the course.
One of the numerous strategies such as the ‘Sherlock Holmes’ method for the mental test demonstrated that it was possible for the children to achieve higher scores once they had been taught the method.
This course will prepare teachers to deliver successful strategies to enable the students to access the Arithmetic Paper, Paper 2 (Reasoning) and Paper 3 (Reasoning).
1. Up to date information on the KS2 SATs test in May 2017
2. Tips and hints regarding websites and resources to support any preparation for the tests
3. Methods and strategies for children to score higher marks on the new Arithmetic Test – 30 minutes to complete 36 questions
4. Strategies to ensure children access the 2 Reasoning Papers to their true potential
5. Preparation for Geometry, Measures and Statistics
6. How to take the stress out of KS2 SATs…for teachers as well as children!
"Very relevant. Thanks you for the valuable information given and new strategies to use"
"Inspiring. Highly recommended"
"Fantastic day giving loads of ideas, hints and resources"
"Excellent day - informative and engaging"
"Brilliant practical ideas and strategies that can be easily implemented"